Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

It has been just over a year since Dane came home from Iraq. Last year he got home 4 days before Valentines day, and we spent Feb 14th eating takeout on a tablecloth that i spread on the floor of our apartment we had rented out 3 days earlier. It was magical to have him home and im not saying that last year was bad....however, this year was better.

First of all, we went a Army Marriage Retreat. It was at a beautiful resort called The Timbers in Denver. I would recommed this hotel to anyone who happens to need one in Denver. The food was fantastic and the rooms were great. The entire weekend we focused on Dr Chapmans "Five Love Languages" We watched Dr Chapman personally explain his book and how much it can improve your marriage. We got to know alot of couples but a few of them we got to know really well and we came away with the phone numbers of two of them.

On Saturday night Dane surprised me with Chocolate Covered Strawberries. It was extremely romantic and i thought that was my Valentines gift....but then on Sunday i also recieved 2 books from 2 of my favorite authors, gorgeous flowers (11 red roses and 1 orange rose. He got the one rose becuase he says "I brighten up his life"), a dancing stuffed animal, and Thin Mint girlscout cookies. I never imagined he would get me such things, especially because 2 weeks ago he bought me Valentines PJs.

To say the least i have been spoiled this Valentines day...and i hope everyone who is reading this was as well. I hope all of you had great Valentines Days. If any of you have memorable stories, please share them with me here.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog! I love supporting our troops, and have been where you are, as a military wife. It's not always easy, but what these guys do is so important - and the families are the backbones! I hope the new job goes well and works out for you, and that you keep enjoying every day as Valentine's Day! Sounds like you've got a great husband! ~Jen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I dont mind you checking out my blog at all! Yes husband is amazing. He is my hero. What branch of the military was your husband in?

    ReplyDelete