Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have nothing to write for my title...so here it is.

Feburary has been a pretty hard month. We learned of the results of the paternity test in the end of Janurary. Dane has a son. His name is Omen Shade Foster and he will be 3 in April. He is the cutest kid in the world (im not partial at all am i)? We are lucky, more lucky than most people, because Omens mother, Sara, is working with us to come up with an agreement outside of court that wont break us but will lend her the support that she needs. Dane is looking to move up to Ft. Lewis, WA very close to where they live. I have not met Omen yet but i love him already. He looks alot like daddy. Sara has been very good to us under the circumstances, and for that i am very grateful. I am not looking forward to moving the 6th time in less than 2 years but this move wil be very much worth it. Hopefully, Dane can get stabilization or something that will make it so that we can stay at Ft. Lewis (actually its Joint Base Lewis McChord, a combined Army/Air Force Base) for longer than we have at other posts. He was at Ft Hood for almost 3 yrs so hopefully we will get that lucky, or even more so. We are going on a trip in April to see him on his birthday and im starting to get really excited for that.



 I started my new job on Feb 1st. It is a fun job and i love the kids i watch but it is exhausting. I watch a 2 and 3 yr old from 8 to 5, Mon-Fri. I work for an LDS couple. The husband is in the Airforce and the wife works at an apartment building as a leasing officer and goes to school. They pay me well and i am thankful. In March he is leaving for a month and i will be coming at 6 30 instead of 8. I am not looking forward to the long days but i know that i am doing something that saves the family alot of time and problems. They have been very understanding and they are giving me 2 weeks off to take the trip to Washington.

Dane and I made a deal that when we paid off the Rodeo we could start trying to have children. We had not been preventing pregnancy previously but we decided to officially try, take tests and figure out why we have not gotten pregnant this year. We still dont know. Getting a drs apt for those tests takes a long while. We paid the Rodeo off a few weeks ago. For that i am extremely happy, now we only have to pay my car payment. I am starting to get frustrated with getting pregnant. Im sure the time just isnt right, but it seems like every week i get another call about someone who is pregnant. Especially in Danes family. He has 11 siblings in all with the full and step siblings and alot of them either are pregnant or just had a baby and i feel a little out of the loop in that respect. I feel like i am not fullfilling my wifely duties. I know that we are still young and we have time, but it has been over a year since Dane came home from Iraq and im very worried about if i can actually get pregnant. Dane keeps saying that there is no rush because he already has a son! I think its funny. I told him one day that i would get him a puppy if he would give me a baby. ;).

A friend of mine on Facebook commented that Feburary has been especially long considering the fact that it is the shortest month in the year. I completely agree. Hopefully March wont be as long...or at least feel as long.

2 comments:

  1. You know what is a little scary!? That looks a lot like Kylie at that age! Don't you think? I had to take a second look! Im glad that the mom is being really cooperative about it all! Sounds like you're busy but doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means that Dane and I were meant to be together Kristy cause its not my child. Omen looks alot like Dane as a child. Even now, he looks like Dane.

    ReplyDelete