Friday, February 20, 2009

Medical Awkwardness

The following is a true story from our life as it happened today. ^_^

I have been having these abdominal pains for a couple of days lately and symptoms of being pregnant. So today Dane takes me to the doctor. Because of complications at Ft. Hood with our insurance and the clinic i am registered to, he takes me to the ER on post. Lo and behold a long wait to find out answers...We are sitting in the patient room waiting for the Dr. to come in just laughing and having fun together. The nurse walks in and the first thing she says is "Is this your first baby?" I blurt out the only thing i can think of...."Am i pregnant then?!" The nurse looks down at her chart and back at me and goes "No, you aren't. Wrong room." and laughs really awkwardly. Then she goes down the lists of symptoms and asks if i am having any breast tenderness. Dane bursts our laughing. If he had kept quiet i would have just said no and we could have moved on with the other symptoms. Instead i had to explain to the nurse that we are newlyweds and that he just came back from Iraq ten days ago. The nurse then chuckles and says "Oh alright. The Dr. will be in in just a moment," and leaves the room....We couldn't stop laughing for quite a while after that. The whole moment was just utterly hilarious.

Anyways just so you know. I'm not pregnant. I have ovarian cysts on both of my ovaries. But im doing okay so nobody freak out or anything. I'm taking antibotics and everything will be fine. However, my day will always be remembered because of these wonderful, hilarious memories.

3 comments:

  1. You didn't have to go to the doctor to find out you weren't pregnant ya know...you should have just hit the Dollar Store for their pregnancy test!!!

    (((((HUGS))))), glad there was some humor in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a pregnancy test from Walmart...I dont know if i trust the Dollar Store ones Nadine, there must be something wrong with them if they are only a dollar when other pregnacy tests are 3.50! :P. Either way we were wondering if it would be too early for the home pregnancy test to show a positive result. Dane was worried about me because i have been having this pain for a while. Basically he came home and said "Get your coat on. We're going to the Dr."


    Thanks 4 the humor tho, that made me crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how sweet of Dane. Got a good guy there!

    ReplyDelete