Friday, May 8, 2009

My Battle With Menopause

I know what you're thinking...Meopause?! How can she possibly be going thru Menopause. I got a shot today of some medicine that basically makes your body go thru Menopause. This medicine is called Lupron, and it is 700 dollars per shot. Luckily, because we have Tricare and we were seen at Darnell Army Hospital this shot was completely free. Basically what this medication does is slow down estrogen production, therefore it causes menopause-like side effects. Anyone who has read my blog previously knows that i have been having severe abdominal pain. My doctor here in Texas says that she is not sure what is causing it because my ultrasound came back normal. So we are doing this as a diagnostic treatment. Basically just to rule out anything to do with my ovaries, or if the pain doesnt go away then it is definately somethign with my ovaries and uterus. The shot that i received slowly puts this medicine into my body throughout three months. So for now....its still a big unkown...at least for another couple months. Thank you for everyone that has supported me thru this. Hopefully it wont be too much longer before we find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment